Friday, March 7, 2008

"Shhhh... Nobody knows."

Alright, here we go again - so these are what all the fuss is about? These??
Photobucket
The new "Jordan XXIII's".. whatever. I just bought a pair of patent leather FILA's for 60 bucks, probably less than a third of what these Jordans are going for. I feel like they are head and shoulders more of a head turner than those argyle joints above. Peep for yourself.
Photobucket

To think, the Jordan designer (I forgot his name) just made multi-millions and re-achieved legendary status by putting out a pair of argyle-patterned sneaks that look like they could just as easily be sold under "And 1" or some other cheap basketball brand at Modell's for 40 bucks.

What can I say? Motherfuckers know how to market, and it goes for everything, whether it's movies, music, fashion, you name it. Nowadays it's not what LOOKS or IS dope, but rather what is marketed that way.

I still remember probably about 10 years ago, at Foot Locker in Kings Plaza with my friend buying socks or something, when the Russian manager of the place pulled out a pair of (at that time) the new Jordans, that weren't supposed to be on sale yet, and told us "Shhhh... Nobody knows." I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.

No comments: