Monday, June 22, 2009

As If This 'Summer' Couldn't Have Gotten Any Worse...


I just happened to find out the other day that my favorite Starbucks in the whole city, the Astor Place location where I looked forward to making a summer people-watching day out of all school year, closed this past April. I spent several wonderful lazy days here last summer just watching the stream of people head to and fro on Astor, passing by between me and Cooper Union.

I guess my only consolation is that it closed way back in April, before my spring semester had finished, which left me with a good excuse why I couldn't have come out to bid it farewell. Had it have closed this May or June, I would have felt terrible that I had missed one last day of lazing around in its yard. Regardless, let's hope that something new and similar takes the old Starbucks' place before the end of the summer. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to head over to Union Square.

No comments: